Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I Almost Bought These......................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    I Almost Bought These......................

    .................... until the subtitle evidenced the seller as a complete moron.

    Vintage Altec Lansing Model 405 8H 8 Ohms | eBay
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    I Almost Bought These......................


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: I Almost Bought These......................

    Always like the sound of the 405A...the H will go a little lower, but to me the A sounds more balanced.

    Note "lower" is comparatively as neither goes low.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: I Almost Bought These......................

    Maybe i'm being too critical, i first read the subtitle to mean that the rotten/missing surrounds don't affect the sound quality. But, i'm wondering if he was referring to the rust only. I'm just not all that generous with the benefit of the doubt anymore.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    I Almost Bought These......................


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: I Almost Bought These......................

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    I'm just not all that generous with the benefit of the doubt anymore.
    One or two experiences on eBay will do that. Bought a "working" Nikon DSLR only to find later the seller powered it on and said it was tested thoroughly. Many have no clue what they are selling.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: I Almost Bought These......................

    "Many have no clue what they are selling"

    this should be at the top of every ebay page ...
    guns kill people,

    like spoons made rush limbaugh,

    fat ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.